Application Process: Student Aid BC
FULL-TIME STUDENT FUNDING
To receive student financial assistance through StudentAid BC, you must be a resident of BC. Available for education and living expenses.
For more information, go to the BC Residency Requirement page
STEP 1: BEFORE YOU APPLY
STEP 2: WHERE TO APPLY
Applications are submitted through the Student Aid BC (SABC)Portal. Grants are assessed automatically at the time of loan processing by SABC.
STEP 3: HOW TO APPLY?
1. Visit StudentAidBC for instructions on how to apply for a Full-Time loan.
2. Once your application is processed by SABC, a Notice of Assessment (NOA) will be posted to your SABC Dashboard within 6 weeks.
- If it’s your first time receiving funding or you have not received a loan/grant funding in over two years, you must complete a Master Student Financial Assistance Agreement (MSFAA). Follow the instructions in your SABC portal on how to submit the MSFAA.
- Once received, SABC will request SAE Vancouver to confirm your full-time enrolment.
3. Confirmation of Enrolment
SAE Vancouver will confirm your enrollment electronically close to the start date of classes. You must meet all eligibility requirements for confirmation.
4. Disbursement of Funds
After your MSFAA has been completed and processed and your enrollment is confirmed, your funds will be released. Funds are sent after the confirmation of enrolment is completed and it may take 7 – 10 business days to arrive.
STEP 4: HOW TO PAY THE TUITION WITH LOANS AND GRANTS?
The tuition amount will be paid directly to SAE Vancouver and the remainder of your approved funds will be sent to your bank account or, for some grants, through a cheque in the mail.
To confirm that SAE Vancouver has received payment, check your myAccount (myAccount → Account Summary)